Manitoba Egg Farmers (MEF) represents nearly 170 regulated egg and pullet farmers. Egg farmers are the primary caregivers of 2.3 million hens in Manitoba that produce about 57 million dozen eggs each year. This represents 11% of Canada’s egg supply.
To promote a thriving and sustainable egg industry.
To be respected as a leader in the egg industry.
- Our actions are honest and ethical.
- Our relationships are respectful. We strive to understand the perspectives of others.
- We strive to demonstrate a commitment to fairness and equity.
- We are committed to making decisions based on knowledge, experience and scientific research.
- We are committed to making ongoing proactive improvements in response to changing market needs and conditions.
- We work to support a strong, unified egg system.
- We promote healthy living, animal care, food safety and environmental sustainability through our policies and actions.
To maintain a strong Canadian supply management system.
To build strong relationships and maintain open communication with all our stakeholders.
To enable farmers to practice the highest standards of animal care, food safety and environmental sustainability through education and support.
To satisfy consumer needs while promoting choices and growth in egg consumption.
To encourage understanding about our industry through mutual exchange of views with the public.