Chorizo Breakfast Burrito
¼ lb (125 g) mild or spicy chorizo sausage, casing removed and thinly sliced
½ cup (125 mL) red onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
4 – 10 inch (25 cm) flour tortillas
1 cup (250 mL) Old Cheddar cheese, shredded, optional
- Spray large non-stick frying pan with canola spray.
- Over medium heat, cook Chorizo sausage slices until nicely browned.
- Add onion and jalapeno pepper; sauté until tender; about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Pour eggs into chorizo and onion mixture. Gently move spatula across bottom and sides of frying pan to form large, soft egg curds; cook mixture until no visible liquid egg remains.
- Using the microwave, warm each tortilla on High (100%) for 30 seconds.
- Spoon mixture into the middle of each tortilla and, if desired, top with one quarter of the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Roll up like a burrito and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per serving:
Carbohydrate: 16.6 g
Protein: 20.9 g
Fat: 21.2 g
Sodium: 481.8 mg
Fibre: 1.2 g