1 bunch (8 oz/250 g) fresh spinach, stems trimmed
1 small onion, finely chopped
¼ cup (50 mL) red pepper, finely chopped
3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh basil, chopped
1 cup (250 mL) Swiss cheese, grated
1/3 cup (75 mL) plain yogurt
¼ tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
¾ cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) dry mustard
½ tsp (2 mL) salt
½ tsp (2 mL) pepper
¼ cup (50 mL) Panko crumbs
2 tbsp (25 mL) Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter
1. Blanch spinach. Cool and squeeze out excess moisture. Place in medium bowl. Add onion, red pepper, basil and cheese.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in yogurt and red pepper flakes.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix into the egg mixture just until combined. Stir in spinach mixture. Pour mixture into a well greased 9 inch (23 cm) pie plate.
4. Combine crumbs, Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Mix well. Sprinkle over egg mixture.
5. Bake at 350°F (180 ° C) for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Yield: 6-8 servings